Move all pension payments to public service-couple?

Bolter

Hi, I'm currently working part time 1/2 time civil service while my husband is private sector employee. I haven't bought back years yet.
We are both early 40s. Husband pays 400euro per month for life assurance and pension with Zurich.
We are considering putting all pension payments into buy back years (think they're called nsas?) in my public sector pension so I can retire on full pension at 60.
Can we cash in the Zurich pension now?
I'd like a good financial adviser who has good knowledge of the public sector scheme and who is not taking a cut (like a broker) as I need objective non-biased advice as to the value of the public sector pension viz a vis payments to Zurich.
Thanks in advance.

Buying back years is certainly very good value, so you can get more bang for your buck. Have you requested the cost of buying back your years yet?

You cannot draw down your personal pension before age 60 except in the case of ill health early retirement.

Is your husbands life cover and pension under the same plan? If it is, you need to look at the long term cost there.

I would certainly have a chat with you if you want. My number is 014853305 or email at steven@bluewaterfp.ie

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

aaa;

Have a little knowledge of these things on pensions/life cover, but have been well educated by Stevens posts.

Don,t be afraid of paying any good advisor , I have found them much better than the (trusted) advisors in Banks.