Mounting Plasma television

Dsha

Does anyone know the cost of mounting plasma television on a concrete wall? I need at least a rough estimation. Thanks.

For plasma screens over about 30", check out "www.b-tech-int.com".
Universal Plasma screen wall mount with dual articulated arm (Ref. BT8412)
They are stocked by Sherlane Agencies in Ballybrack (Ph.282 7468) and cost about Eur210 VAT included.They will deliver in Dublin for Eur10.

Thanks for that, we actually have the wall piece that TV will be mounted on (it was included in the overall price, DID selss them for 120 Euro). I was more wondering in terms of cost of electrician and his call-out charge.

Mr HP did it himself. Once you fix the bracket to the wall the plasma just sits on it. Make sure you get it straight. As regards wiring ... depends how neatly you want it done ... not sure if the electrician will chase in the wires for you ... they are pretty big on the plasma.

Hi there, that is the problem. We have a TV point in one end of the room and we want Plasma to sit on the opposite side, so there will be a lot re-wiring required, plus, I do not want to see any cables so I guess we need a very neat job. Hence wondering how much will all that cost?

How long is a piece of string ?

It depends on how big your room is, how much disruption you are willing to put up with and how neat does it need to be. Also, is it just the TV coax cable that needs to go across the room or does the power lead need to go aswell; what about any scart connections - does the plasma have a built in tuner and you are connecting the coax directly to the plasma or is it going through a DVD, or PS2, or Set top box ?

So many questions !

if they are concrete walls you are likely to have to hide the cable behind a trunking or remove skirting and hide there. "Chasing" out a track in the conc is not reall an option so you are going to be stuck with surface mounted and hidden. Is there a false ceiling that it can be hidden in?
You will still need to get it from ceiling to TV though on surface though. If the other walls are stud partitions you can go behind, either way it is quite a large and messy job and may end up costing half the price of the TV! All depends on so many factors...bring the mountain to MOhamud I would suggest!

Thanks Monkeyboy! I guess will have to call the electrician out and see what he says!

If you live in single storey house, drop a fresh cable from above rather than trying to extend the existing one.

If you have carpet flooring, and it is only the coax that needs to be re-routed, then it may fit under the carpet, along by the walls, but probably only if you do use underlay.