Mounting LCD TV above fireplace

Zion

Am looking at buying a 32" LCD television, hopefully in the January sales. Was hoping to mount it on the wall above fireplace but the wall plug & aerial don't account for this. Really didn't want to mess around with chasing the walls as it sounds like a really big job. Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas as to how i can get around this?

Also, I did do a search on the site, but can't find a thread that answers my question,

Thanks in advance for your help!

your electrical store will have some cable hider and sure just get longer aerial chord and an extension lead , thats what my bro did.

if you have a fireplace i hope you have plenty of clearence for watching the telly comforably! :-\

as in lets say for instance you mount it above an actual fire place, which will be about 4 foot something, for comfy sustainable telly viewing that wont kill your neck you need your seat to be positioned x feet back from the telly.

on the same principle of not sitting in the front row of the cinema if ya know what i mean....just be cautious of this when its about a fireplace. In my house i have somewhere where there should be a fireplce but thereisnt so i can put it at whatever level...

apart from the heat issues there is a myraid of cables you'll need. These things come with connections for consoles pc's, dvd players/ recorders, etc. You will not be able to hide the wires.
Flat tellys are not suitable for wall mounting unless the wall is designed for that purpose - ie space between the plasterboard and the wall itself.
Then the tv must be flush with the wall or you'll still se the wires.
Note they are very very heavy when hung and best viewed at eye level.