Mounting a Philips tv on a wall

chippy

Hi all,can you help me.I am thinking of mounting a Philips Ambilite TV42PFL9632/10 onto the sittingroom wall at home.I purchased the Cantilever Wall Mount off a private seller on ebay with no instructions.My question is are the 4 screws with the plastic spacers on the back of the telly sufficent to attach to the mount and if so do i use the plastic spacers aswell? The tv manual does not give me any help on this topic.Any help appreciated Chippy

Hi Chippy,

Nobody else seemed to try help you so here goes.

I have stuck all sorts of tvs on the wall.

Generally the plastic spacers are used to mount the brackets to the tv depending on the type of tv and lenght/thickness of screws(universal brackets).with these types of brakits or kits you will always have plastics and screws left over because the try to cater for every tv.Once the brackets are tight( do not over tighten or you will break the tv mounting holes and your tv will no longer be able to be wall mounted) and theres no moement side to side or up and down your fine.its simply clip it onto the wall bracket. Get very good grounds for fixing hollow bricks are not good enough. only solid 4" bricks or timber studs. hope it helps you.

I didn't reply before because I am unsure of what I am about to say. I was leaving it to more knowledgable people to reply. I bought a Philips LCD Christmas 2007 and from what I can remember I had to buy a particular bracket. As stated here before my brother works part time for Powercity and he was told by one of the senior salesmen at the time that Philips have 6 hole screw plates where most universal brackets have only 4 (or vice versa I can't remember which). This meant that I was limited to only certain brackets.

As I said take this with a grain of salt as I could be wrong.

Back