mould from cloths

K

kellysayers

Any one know how to remove mould stains from cloths. threw in baby cloths with food on into washer but did not wash for a few days. Took them out and lovely top is covered in mould stains. I have tried soaking in nappisan but doesn't seem to be working. i know silly me but i am a new mum and I forgot to put on the wash.

I found this tip on a website :
Mildew

Treat as soon as discovered, before the mould has time to weaken the cloth. Slight, fresh stains can often be removed by washing with your usual laundry product and drying in the sun. Otherwise, try these methods in turn, proceeding carefully with coloured articles: a] Chlorinated laundry bleaches may be used for white untreated cottons and linens, according to general instructions given by the manufacturer. Rinse thoroughly before washing.
b] Vinegar added to the final rinse will help remove any traces of smell remaining from the bleach.
c] A diaper wash/sanitiser container sodium percarbonate is safe on all white and coloured fabrics.

Good luck!

[broken link removed] taken from www.persil.com might help.

The problem with a lot of these products with bleach content is that they will also remove the colour so you have to be very careful. Have destroyed so many clothes down thru the years because of Domestos

If all else fails maybe something like might work.