motorola v980 vodafone PROBLEMS!! who else is suffering

ubend

from day one this phone has given me problems

despite software updates, 2 returns to repair centre

ongoing issues

constant display flickering / memory problems
poor reception / dropped calls ( i am on the standard network, had no problems for yrs back with my standard nokia 32 something phone)
call failed barred constantly troubling me
poor battery
only have it over half a yr with little use ie just text and 6/8 calls in a day after overnight charge battery gone by 7pm
sound quality problems

garbled lists in received calls sometimes looks like a memory problem

difficulty in sending texts / multimedia requires 2/3 efforts at times and maybe a restart of phone

the list goes on !!!!!!

I have a motorola too....... not sure which model number but its the navy blue and silver clamshell one. have problems with flickering display alot and dropped calls sometimes also i will miss a call even though my phone never rang. But I knew what I was getting myself in for when I bought it, have heard from ALOT of people that they are useless phones.
But I am a sucker for appearances and will continue to put up with my "cute" phone !!

Take the phone to a 3G shop.
These stores are controlled by the Sigma Group(Sigma Telecom).
They are the distributors for Motorola equipment in Ireland.
If no luck there go to their base in Finglas in Dublin and demand a new one.
It works

D

ubend said:
from day one this phone has given me problems

poor reception / dropped calls ( i am on the standard network, had no problems for yrs back with my standard nokia 32 something phone)...

Mrs Bond has one of these at present - bought as a cheap entry into video calling / 3G phones as at the time most of the 3G phones were too big or too expensive. Has been a pain in the neck, mainly due to dropped calls.

It's very fiddly to use - very unintuitive.

I am hoping to exchange it, if the retailer will allow me.

i hope to do same i will pay difference between what i paid for motorolla and the equivalent nokia which i had while motorolla being repaired far superior in terms of battery reception

for last few days had 4 occasions where couldnt make calls "network busy" !! my eye
and a textmsg which somebody had not received yesterday arrived 4 times in the middle of the night last night !

not good

ubend said:
for last few days had 4 occasions where couldnt make calls "network busy" !! my eye
and a textmsg which somebody had not received yesterday arrived 4 times in the middle of the night last night !

These problems are due to the network rather than the phone.

generally but vodafone confirmed there were no network problems in the areas where i was on all occasions

its just a useless phone DO NOT BUY

Back