MOTOROLA V300

M

moneyhoney

Please help! I got a new Motorola V300 phone & can't change the message alert on it - it is terrible. Have managed to change ringtone but not message alert & the manual is useless. Also, am out of the country so can't go into the shop to ask them!

Go to menu. Select settings, then ring styles. You will get two entries for each ring stype: The ring style name (eg Loud) and the ring style detail, which is the second entry. Scroll to the ring style details (eg Loud/Detail) and press change. This gives you a menu that allows you to set the alerts for phonecalls, messages, etc. All you do is scroll down to the entry thats says Text Msgs and press change. Then select whatever ring tone you want.
cheers,
Diziet (who likes the V300)

You can amend the message alert tone as follows:

Go into the main menu,
Select Settings,
Select Ring Styles,
Select Loud Detail (or Vib detail if the phone is on vibrate etc.)
Select Text Msgs and choose from the list of available sounds.....

Does anybody else find it very slow for text messages
or am I'm getting old?

v300

Having had the V300 for a few months now I've only started using it's predictive text feature which does seem to speed up texting compared to the old fashioned method.

Also put mp3 ringtone off the internet on the phone by data cable - simple and free. You can put anything on as a ringtone, your voice, a radio clip etc once you've converted it to mp3.

Still can't get it to send or receive picture messages - and I've got O2 to send the settings down the line and also to read them all out - just keep getting "message could not be sent". Any ideas??

Re: v300

Just a guess-do you have enough free memory to receive picture mesages?

Back