Motorcycle Registeration from UK

amulvan

Hi,,, I bought a uk reg 1977 honda gl1000 from a guy in Galway for little money last year and basically at the time got no paperwork, did a vehicle check beforehand i acquired it and got the all clear, all I got was the new keepers supplement from him, that’s all he had, this piece of paper is in his name with the bike details, is this enough to go to the VRO for registration?

Bike was brought into Ireland in 2006 and is lying idle till now and I’m restoring

Have a look at the Citizens Information site Importing Car into Ireland - the rules will be the same for bikes (the calculation of the VRT is different).

I think the VRO will need the V5 document - is that what you have?

thanks,,,its seems to be part of the V5 document, it says V5C/2 on the slip of paperwork i have,
it says new keepers supplement - new keeper to keep this until new registration cert is received, but its in the guys name i got the bike from i wonder does this matter

how'd you get on? With something that old, the Revenue won't give you too much grief.

However, technically, you should have the whole V5C. That 'new owner' supplement is only valid for in-UK (domestic) vehicle transfers........

btw........did you get that near Craughwell ...? ;)

Back