Motor Motor Insurance Renewal - savings with Quote Devil

mathepac

My current insurance with RSA via chill.ie is due to expire in early December so today I started the process of changing insurer to save money.

As I'd never dealt with them before I gave Direct Devil a call and surprisingly I signed up.

As the car is old I wondered about going the TPFT route to save but there was only €43 in the difference between it and comprehensive I stuck with the comprehensive cover as per my current policy.

€398 comprehensive cover, with glass, driving other cars, open drive and other benefits as standard. The insurer is AXA, savings greater than €180.

Deposit paid, all signed up for next year. Happy Christmas to me!

Last edited:
I contacted chille.ie to see if they could or would improve their offer from €585. They offered a miserly €50 off. Having already pressed the button with AXA, I declined. The guy on the phone apologised saying that was the best they could do.

'07 a UK import before I bought it. Built like a tank reliability wise and maintained by my neighbour. A diesel Avensis T4 with cruise control & electric everything. The original radio & sat-nav I replaced with a Sony BlueTooth ApplePlay unit. Hatch so handy for the dogs too. I bought a 2nd-hand Toyota bootliner for €20 to collect doggy-hair and muck. New pads disks and brake liners fitted before I bought it and new brake cables & liners. New shocks front & rear.

Back