Motor Insurance No Claims Cert

sarahfleming

Can anyone tell me if the no claims cert comes with the renewal quote or will you get it after the renewal date expires??

It will come with the renewal notice, which should be sent to you a certain period before the renewal date (I think it is 15 days before but I'm not entirely certain).

That is what I thought but my insurance company told me that this will arrive once I tell them that I dont want to renew with them, the day after my cover expires

That is what I thought but my insurance company told me that this will arrive once I tell them that I dont want to renew with them, the day after my cover expires

Are you insured with Quinn as I have heard of this happening before with them.

Are you insured with Quinn as I have heard of this happening before with them.

I don't think it's that unusual. I remember when I was insured with (I think) Hibernian, that was their approach also. Though FBD for example (who I'm now with) send their no claims cert. with the renewal form.

not sure it really matters. legally you have to get your renewal quote 15 working days (I think, give or take a day or 2) before the renewal date but not sure about no claims certs. but if you change companies there may be a stipulation that the cert has to be forwarded to the new company with x number of days of the policy inception date.

Yes I am with Quinn and have been for past 3 years but now the quote is in no way competitve and it seems cheaper to price it on the net as a customer...strange or what

it is supposed to come with renewal notice. if it did not, send letter to CEO asking for it to be sent to you immediately, with copy to financial regulator.

I rebroke renewals and any company we use issue the bonus with the reewal notice which we then post on to the client. The only company I know who issues the NCB post renewal date is Quinn.

Back