Motor Insurance Credits/Refunds - what about Motor Tax?

Further bad news is that a friend in the North also insured with RSA got a £50 refund on her insurance. Today that's about €57 yet her premium is 15% lower than mine after currency adjustments and she drives a Q5 diesel worth lots more than my tatty Toyota. Eamonn Ryan & Co front and centre please

Irony of ironies, I was in the post office today to collect a parcel, buy a couple of stamps and a card, less than €10. I proferred my One4All card from chill.ie but the clerk refused it. "But you sell them" sez I, all innocent like. "Tescos, SuperValu, etc etc etc take them" she replied. "I hope they start selling postage stamps" sez I, all smart like.

No surprises there then. More super juniors need wage increases no doubt.

On a cheerier note, I got the balance on my One4All card down to zero by shopping in SuperValu. Hurray!!! A tip for anyone using one in SuperValu at least. If your total bill comes to more than the balance on the card, you'll have to be quick with the mental arithmetic. If you hand in the card, it'll be rejected.

Do quick sums and calculate the difference between your bill and the card balance. Pay this to the checkout operator *first* in cash, then and only then hand over the cursed One4All card to be zeroed, consigned to hell and then collect your receipt.

My transaction was a little more complicated in that I had a couple of rewards vouchers to credit against my bill; they went in first, then cash, then One4All. The staff in Rathdowney are well trained, none of the "Computer Sez NO!" nonsense I've experienced in other multiples. Well done ladies and thanks (in this specific case)

Back