Motor Insurance Credits/Refunds - what about Motor Tax?

We believe we can provide more value for you through a competitive quote at renewal
I am in the same position with Aviva. Their renewal quote had better reflect the refund that they did not send me, for me to stay with them. I l always said that I would support those companies that supported me during Covid and drop those that didn't.

I got a text from 123.ie stating I'd be getting a One4All voucher in the post 'in the coming weeks'... That was 3 weeks ago....nothing yet.
I contacted my brokers chill.ie who also sell RSA products and they've apparently been contacted by RSA saying they'll be sounding sending out One4ALL vouchers to all RSA motor customers "soon". I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
I contacted my brokers chill.ie who also sell RSA products and they've apparently been contacted by RSA saying they'll be sounding out One4ALL vouchers to all RSA motor customers "soon". I won't hold my breath.
Hi, it's a flat 30 euro if you held a policy throughout the period. Details on RSA website.

At least some insurers are making an effort unlike Aviva who say they will give a good quote on renewal. It will be interesting to see what renewal quote I get compared to the others I will get a quote from.

At least some insurers are making an effort unlike Aviva who say they will give a good quote on renewal. It will be interesting to see what renewal quote I get compared to the others I will get a quote from.

My quote went up by 6% this year. No doubt can reduce premium minutely by taking on larger excess. Got a better quote elsewhere but need to stay with this shower this year due to learner driver scheme for daughter

Also with Aviva. Motor policy up by 6% this year and asked about any covid lockdown rebate. Not remotely interested.
As others have said. I won't renew with them unless their quote is coming in at at least €40 below the others. I know it's only €40 but I will tell them the reason why I am not renewing with them. Not that they care, but I will feel good about it. :)

Liberty have come back to us with refund details. It's not a lot - 15% of two months of the premium. They give 3 choices to redeem this. A SuperValue voucher, Circle K voucher, or donate it to charity (it will be split equally between ALONE, Barnardos and Pieta House).

Liberty have come back to us with refund details. It's not a lot - 15% of two months of the premium. They give 3 choices to redeem this. A SuperValue voucher, Circle K voucher, or donate it to charity (it will be split equally between ALONE, Barnardos and Pieta House).

How do they define the charitable contribution?
Is it your contribution for tax purposes? Or is it their contribution?
Not wanting to get too picky, but private companies have, usually, got an ulterior motive when they start linking up with charities.

How do they define the charitable contribution?
Is it your contribution for tax purposes? Or is it their contribution?
Not wanting to get too picky, but private companies have, usually, got an ulterior motive when they start linking up with charities.
Details are all in the FAQ section

I've just received a cheque for €30 from Axa. Thing is I'm not insured with them anymore! I changed insurer at the beginning of the year. Would you cash it? :p

Aviva have been saying that they will not refund any money but will offer a competitive rate at renewal. A few posts over on Boards saying that this is not the case and renewal quotes are not competitive.

I just got my €30 Chill Insurance branded One4All gift-card in the post today. Valid 'til 10-2024, the cover letter dated 24-06-2020, states it's from RSA. Thanks guys.

I got €30 from RSA. How come its a generic amount? If its based on premiums, surely it should vary?
A
I dont really want a One 4 All. Not a fan of their account management fee and they are harder to spend than cash or your own bank card. Do I have to accept this form of refund?

I agree they're hard to spend. Dunnes, CENTRA and a couple of filling stations refused mine so far, Declined by amazon.co.uk. What management account fee? That's crazy

Anyone getting "competitive" quotes from Aviva? This is the company that refused any refunds in any shape or form.

Do I have to accept this form of refund?

There is no obligation on you to accept or spend this, but at the moment there is no obligation on the insurers to offer any refund measures whatsoever. Most insurers offered some token refunds, presumably because they feared they might otherwise be forced to do more via legislation. These token efforts seem to have taken this off the public agenda.

Back