motor insurance claim - car written off

W

Wondering

Hi everyone! Have a problem here with Zurich. Car was written off as a result of accident. Car was insured for 3100eur last year, but when renewed last month price was never changed. Their assessor put 2000eur value on it, saying they've consulted carbuyersguide and carzone...checked two of them could not find similar car at this price, e-mailed valuations to them, and got 100eur icrease which is still under even minimum price i could see there. I've send the request of giving me any example of similar car that's selling at the price they are offering and waiting on reply. But want to ask are they actually not supposed to pay me the price that's on the insurance?

But want to ask are they actually not supposed to pay me the price that's on the insurance?

No, they pay what they see as the value at the time. Sure you could insure a rust bucket for 10k.... no one would pay out like that

... But want to ask are they actually not supposed to pay me the price that's on the insurance?

No -
  1. check your policy as there will be an excess on it (first €200 / 600 of any claim not covered)
  2. any 'valuation' you get from a car web-site is merely a seller's asking price not a value
  3. they will place a scrap-value on the car for you to sell as parts and deduct this from your cheque
  4. check the wording of your policy about write-offs