Motor claims assistance services

cmalone

Not sure how this service works - via my car insurer- pay extra for a service that will assist with any car accident, including service of solicitor if personal injury etc.

Claims Safe is name of one such company

Here's their .

This is an 'optional extra', although not all insurers/brokers give the option (my own brokers, Britton Insurances, always do, and I always opt out and deduct €40 from the premium).

For their €40, these companies are supposed to 'remove the burden' of handling your claim, in the event that you have one. I can see that there are circumstances where that might be worthwhile to you — for instance if you were seriously ill or injured, and didn't have someone else to look after these things for you.

But you're basically then putting your claim in the hands of a company paid by the insurance company to protect their best interests and save them money. Eh, thanks, but no thanks...

Claim Safe v.Claims harvesting

Thanks for that- yes same company- relative in accident and third party at fault. appears this company 'appoints' a solicitor to assist... is this not easily confused with the controversial #claims harvesting# approach of other companies?