Mortgage TRS - Money credited to my account?

spooner99

Hi

In a mere attempt to get some money back on my mortgage, I recently completed some revenue documentation in relation to my mortgage online on the revenue website. All was above board and info provided was 100 percent correct. FYI, we have a joint mortgage of 112k for 30 years with BOI, taken out at the beginning of 2011.

Since them, our joint account has been credited by an amount of approx 100 per month and its coming up on my statement as Mortgage TRS. This morning, my own personal account was credited with over 1300 euro, again appearing on my statement as Mortgage TRS. Although the money is welcomed, I was surprised. Can any one advise if what is happening is correct as I am fearful of spending this money and it coming back to haunt me? Any help appreciated...

Would you have been due arrears for 2011 & 2012?

Probably best to ring Revenue and confirm it, before spending it!

Yeah well thats what i thought also and that this may just be a once off lump sum? I will contact revenue to be sure. Would hate if it came back to bite me though...

OP was the documentation you completed related to TRS? In which case you were probably entitled to back money. I had a similar situation myself but it took about 3 months for the back money to come through.

Back