Mortgage Television Ads Battle

Leper

I've been observing mortgage ads on television for some time. All the ads have young ladies dressed in neat sports clothing taking exercise. One ad stands out, the Permanent TSB mortgage ad. The young lady although not as ravishing beautiful as the young ladies on the other ads wins hands down. She appears to want to buy a property, goes after a property, shares the info with per boyfriend, gets a visit from Permanent/TSB salesman and clinches the mortgage. She looks fantastic and appears to be that beautiful and nice girl next door.

Permanent/TSB Mortgage Ad beats AIB, BoI hands down.

I prefer the one about the guy who realises he needs to move out when squirming on the couch watching TV with his parents.

Guys , are there no traffic lights in your vicinity ?
If there are could you not go and watch the pretty colours change as an alternative to comparing mortgage provider ads on tv ?:D

If there are could you not go and watch the pretty colours change as an alternative to comparing mortgage provider ads on tv ?:D
Maybe they are from Leitrim.

I'm colour blind. 3 channels and nuttin' on.

Déise I'm surprised at your cynicism. The Brits see us as a nation of drinkers of whatever alcohol we get our hands on. The term "Wild Irish" comes to mind.

But, that cailín in the ad shows she is interested in buying a house and not a birdcage size apartment like those in Berlin. I reckon this is the first of 3 ads with the cailín. The second may see her on the way to the maternity hospital from the house of course, and driven by the rep from Permanent/TSB and they break down and he delivers the baby and the nearby roundabout becomes known as the Permanent/TSB Baby Delivery Roundabout.

The 3rd ad may see our cailín going home to her house after delivering the 2nd child and the father being from Cork insists it is the maternity hospital in Cork where their children should be born.

I can see Barrys Tea getting involved for the 4th ad.

Well Done! Permanent/TSB you make us proud to be Irish.

Last edited:
Would agree its a sweet story all right . Would be a bit suspicious about relationship with the bank rep though o_O.
Now that we are on the topic of ads the one that makes me want to throw the remote at the TV is the Aldi ad " We are the Maldrins from Leitrim ":mad:. Perhaps we need a new thread on " Annoying ads"

Yes - we saved 300 euro per month etc. No disrespect to those who do ALL their shopping in Aldi or Lidl - to achieve these amazing budgetary feats - but I think that would be pretty grim. I'd crave the odd visit to Dunnes and Tesco but that would of course blow the budget for these families.

I think the most annoying Aldi TV family was the smug well to do 65 year old couple in which the guy thinks its the height of sophistication that he can get "nice steaks" and "a nice red" there. He probably likes golf too.

Yes - we saved 300 euro per month etc. No disrespect to those who do ALL their shopping in Aldi or Lidl - to achieve these amazing budgetary feats - but I think that would be pretty grim. I'd crave the odd visit to Dunnes and Tesco but that would of course blow the budget for these families.

I think the most annoying Aldi TV family was the smug well to do 65 year old couple in which the guy thinks its the height of sophistication that he can get "nice steaks" and "a nice red" there. He probably likes golf too.
I can shop for me and 4 kids in Lidl for €100 a week. When I go to Dunnes it's €200 less €40 in vouchers so for that extra €60 I end up buying nicer bread and more luxuries but the meat, veg and fruit in Lidl is perfectly fine. The money I spend on wine and Nespresso capsules is probably a bigger problem but sure you can't bring it with you!

I can shop for me and 4 kids in Lidl for €100 a week. When I go to Dunnes it's €200 less €40 in vouchers so for that extra €60 I end up buying nicer bread and more luxuries but the meat, veg and fruit in Lidl is perfectly fine. The money I spend on wine and Nespresso capsules is probably a bigger problem but sure you can't bring it with you!

Absolutely nothing wrong with shopping in Aldi or Lidl but the the suggestion that you can save vast amounts of money is based on a strange logic .
As i understand it on a given week a basket of branded goods is purchased from the most expensive supermarket . At the same time a similar basket is purchased from Aldi and prices are compared .
Therefore it is true to say that if a family who previously bought ALL of their groceries from the most expensive supermarket changed over and bought ALL of them from Aldi they could save money.
An unlikely scenario .
Now I have to go . Heading to Lidl for a Litre of milk . Might pick up a welder and a pair of waders while im at it :)

Back