Mortgage repaid, how to register deeds

TheJackal

My mortgage is repaid and trying to figure out how to remove the charge againt the property. Has anyone any experience with this?

Spoke with Land Registry - Tailte Éireann as their website is fairly confusing. You'd think they'd have a step-by-step guide for people to follow.

Seems you can either do

1) Lender to file a eDischarge form with Land Registry

or if they won't/can't

2) Return loads of forms
a) Form 17
b) Form 57(a)or(b)
c) ID Form
d) Original Release of the mortgage - a fancy letter from lender, I think
e) €40 fee

My own lender was a credit union. Requested they do the eDischarge but sounds like they don't have much experience, so method 2 might be my only option. Those forms are painful to navigate for a layman so I'll probably have to go via my solicitor in that case.

I don't know how it works these days but back in the early 2000s I cleared my mortgage with EBS and went to either the Land Registry or Registry of Deeds (think it may have been Setanta House back in the day?) and got the mortgage charge removed from the deeds myself. It was a very simple operation and much cheaper than having EBS do it.

My credit union has now said my solicitor needs to request the deeds and register it with Land Registry - Tailte Éireann

My credit union has now said my solicitor needs to request the deeds and register it with Land Registry - Tailte Éireann

1725881875057.png

Seems it can be done but not sure the legal office notice no 5/2010 entails

If you can get the letter of discharge from the lender, I will check which form I used, pretty straight forward, send in the letter and fee, don't get a solicitor.... I'll message you tomorrow

If you can get the letter of discharge from the lender, I will check which form I used, pretty straight forward, send in the letter and fee, don't get a solicitor.... I'll message you tomorrow

I've paid off a good few mortgages, usually the lender pushes you to take them, charges 25 eur (if memory correct) and couriers them to you. Problem is you have no idea what may be missing (if anything)

Same thing here. Paid off 2 mortgages recently. First one from AIB (about 5 years ago), the deeds were sent back to us with a charge. Second on paid last year and we collected the deeds from the branch.

My mortgage is repaid and trying to figure out how to remove the charge againt the property. Has anyone any experience with this?

Spoke with Land Registry - Tailte Éireann as their website is fairly confusing. You'd think they'd have a step-by-step guide for people to follow.

Seems you can either do

1) Lender to file a eDischarge form with Land Registry

or if they won't/can't

2) Return loads of forms
a) Form 17
b) Form 57(a)or(b)
c) ID Form
d) Original Release of the mortgage - a fancy letter from lender, I think
e) €40 fee

My own lender was a credit union. Requested they do the eDischarge but sounds like they don't have much experience, so method 2 might be my only option. forms are painful to navigate for a layman so I'll probably have to go via my solicitor in that case.
Hi, Following up with you after I checked our records......Our situation is slightly different, I should have said that in my response earlier....however, similar in what you are looking to do.....We were dealing with my husbands fathers house and the house was to be transferred into the childrens names as it was left between them. There was an old mortgage burden on the folio which should have been removed years ago once the mortgage was discharged, it wasn't done at the time, fault of the Bank. We found the letter from the lender stating the mortgage was discharged dated 2002. We filled out Form 57A and provided the original letter of discharge. We also completed Form 17 and ticked transmission as advised by Land Registry....., now I am not sure if this was for the purpose of changing the name of ownership from the deceased to the three children. Land Registry are very helpful, give them a call and ask before you send it all off. It seems for you to be straight forward, get the letter of discharge of the mortgage first and definitely fill out Form 57A. I.D. will be required and the fee. Best of luck, I hope this helps

Back