Key Post Mortgage rates summary after the Minister's intervention

I have summarised the existing rates for all active lenders on the attached.

It is complicated. Let me know if you spot any errors.

Key points

Ulster Bank, AIB and ptsb no longer discriminate between new and existing customers - more or less.

KBC and Bank of Ireland still treat existing customers a lot less favourably than new customers. If you are thinking of taking out a mortgage with KBC or BoI, don't forget that you will soon be an existing customer and can expect to be fleeced to fund their lower rates for new business.

Variable rates paid by existing customers with an LTV over 80%
View attachment 660

Key points

Ulster Bank, AIB and ptsb no longer discriminate between new and existing customers - more or less.

KBC and Bank of Ireland still treat existing customers a lot less favourably than new customers. If you are thinking of taking out a mortgage with KBC or BoI, don't forget that you will soon be an existing customer and can expect to be fleeced to fund their lower rates for new business.

View attachment 660

The customers of AIB, BoI and KBC can reduce this rate by fixing.

View attachment 661

The lowest rate on the market is 3.3% - available to Ulster Bank customers with an LTV <60% who fix for three years and new KBC customers of any LTV who fix for one year.

View attachment 663

Key points

View attachment 660

View attachment 661

The lowest rate on the market is 3.3% - available to Ulster Bank customers with an LTV <60% who fix for three years and new KBC customers of any LTV who fix for one year.

View attachment 663

The PTSB

Key points

View attachment 660

View attachment 661

View attachment 663

PTSB give lower rates for lower loan to value loans. For example its 4.2% for between 80%-90%. Am I wrong?

Back