Mortgage possible with cleared revoked credit card

Teddy's girl

Hi all
I got some great advice last year on here for a defaulted credit card from when i lost my job few years ago , which i then cleared after your responses. (Someone had previously given me bad advice to pay debt in instalments to show monthly repayments )

Anyhow we’ve been saving hard since (no doubt Covid situation has helped ) and saved €45k last 10 months. We now have the sum of €65k to put towards a future mortgage.

In addition we will have some equity from sale of my own house in region of €85-90k. So approx 150k in total.

We would love to try move now as we are both working from home and space is tight with 2 small babies.

House price is €350k and we would have €150k deposit. So looking for mortgage if 200k.

My question is would any bank consider me for new mortgage if I’ve only cleared my previous revoked credit card 10 months ago?

my husband, is a first time buyer , has clean credit history and earns €70k per year. He should qualify for mortgage on his own. I went part time this year and now work 2.5 days a week with salary of 20k.
Would it be worthwhile approaching my current lender and applying for joint mortgagr with my husband or is it pointless and I’ll have to wait 5 years for clear CCR?

Thanks in advance

I can't answer your question as to how the banks will respond but I have to say well done on on saving so well over the last ten months! One thing, I'm reasonably certain that your husband is not considered a first time buyer as you have already owned a property. I think though it would be worth talking to a mortgage broker before talking to your own bank as you are actually in a good position despite a slightly smudgy credit record :) You have the debt cleared, you can explain what happened to any bank that asks, you have proven savings, a good income, a great deposit (depending on the sale of your house), are already more than half way to saving 20% of your purchase target anyway.

You’ll be able to get a mortgage.

The mainstream lenders should be fine but if not the likes a Finance Ireland are happy to facilitate.

Back