mortgage is shared ownership with waterford city council

hagmanjr

hello

im male early thirthys living in waterford city unemployed since novemeber15 no savings im still waiting for jobseekers benefit from dept social protection i ring them often write to them but all i get its with an officer pending??? did try hse swa scheme but no joy either..its tough out in ireland 2013 inc, not much help if single male unemployed ..kind of left to own devices luckily i had brother good job in qatar he sent me money to pay mortage last two times but now its all come to a head have to go st v de paul hope they can help with food and supplies ??just if anyone could help me with following mortgage is 520euros a month with council can anyone tell me how council my take my consideration into account would they defer payments or interest only payments?? its not huge mortgage but when u have nothing it is..house was purchased 2007 through waterford city council shared ownership scheme cost was 177,000 35 years mortgage please help??

It seems that alot of councils tend to act differently depending on the case. No two councils seem to give the same advice.
My only advice would be to contact the relavent Housing and Loans section at the council and set up a meeting so that you can explain your case.
Best of luck.

hi paul

thanks for positive news ill gather up relevant documents and plead my case.I will ring and ask to see finance person.Thanks does not seem to be much help out in Ireland at present for people that need it alot of doors being closed in faces.I hope im one of the lucky people thats help alot of red tape still in Ireland 2013 people looking for perfection all the time form filling spelling etc a bit crazy wheres the solidarity??
take care
jr

hello

male earlys thirtys single based in waterford city unemployed since november last.
i have no savings and little money at present.
i have 3 bed house with waterford city coucil under shared ownership scheme .
i have 35 year mortgage cost of house 177,000 taken out back in 2007.
it works out at 520.00 euros a month the mortgage repayment at present.
im just enquiring to see how the mortgage could be reduced??
can the council do interest only??
i have no income at present would they look favourably towards me can anyone advise???

thanks