Mortgage drawdown

thespecialon

Hi,

I have an 100,000e mortatage agreed with Ulster Bank.I am currently building my house with this money, I have 20,000e drawn down already.
The trouble is id like to upgade my car and join a local golf club i reckon this will cost around 30,000e in total -
Firstly am I better of lugging the 30,000e in with the mortatage bringing my mortatage to 130,000e?Or should I get out a separate loan?
Secondly will i get much hassle with Ulster trying to change my mortatage amount as this stage or what will be invloved?

Any advice much appreciated-
Ps:I know 100,000 wont build a house but I had a helping hand from the parents etc.

Am presuming your parents gifted you money and are not also guarantors? If LTV is ok (and it should be as you initially only applied for 100K to build a house) and you are eligible in relation to multiples, you should be approved for an additional 30K. However, you are then paying short term debts over the term of your mortgage plus interest.

You could look at taking the additional borrowing over a reduced term to counter this. Do the multiples of the interest V a personal loan.