Mortgage drawdown / job change

jj1221

Hey guys,

Just looking for some general advice.

I have contracts signed for a new build. It will be up to a year or more before house is built and ready.

For the letter of offer / initial signing of contracts, I had it completed based off of current job. This letter of offer expires after 6 months. So renewal will have to happen again. Possibly multiple times! (AIB Green Rate)

I would like to look for other roles / change job as not too happy in current position.

However, I am wondering what impact this may have on reapplying for mortgage / drawdown when house is ready? Would it be best to just to stick out current role until all of this is sorted house wise?

They are likely to ask for new payslips between now and drawdown. If they see/ notice that you have a different employer, they will ask if you are permanent. If you are not, they will not go ahead with the loan.

If you found a role quickly and completed the probation period and were made permanent, you would be alright. Or you can ask your new employer to make you permanent from day 1. It doesn't make any difference legally whether you are on probation or permanent.

Up to you to decide on how unhappy you are in the current role and whether you want to take the risk on the mortgage.