Mortgage Draw Down

Fradge21

Hi,
We signed contracts for a new build last September & were informed completion would be in Feb 19. Then came the excuses and issues with utility companies in particular Irish Water so long story short we are still not in.Mortgage offer expired in March 19 so we had to reapply and accept a 0.2% increase on the rate initially offered.I got property valued and completed snag list this week which builder says will be completed in 2 Weeks but realisticly i can see it being late October before they are ready to hand over as IW need to complete a final inspection before tarmac is laid on the road. My mortgage offer expires again on the 14th October and if possible i would like to avoid re applying. My question is, would it be possible to get my solicitor to drawdown funds in advance of the experation date and hold these in their client account untill closing date has been decided?

Appreciate any advice and apoligies for the long post!!

Why would you want to draw down funds before you are ready complete? You would be needlessly paying interest on monies that are just sitting there.

I think you just need to be patient. Extending mortgage approval is really no big deal (unless your circumstances have changed materially).

My thinking was that i would rather take the hit on the intrest by drawing down a few weeks early as opposed to being hit with another increase on the agreead rate when i had to re apply as this happend last time we requested an extension.Spoke to the bank since and it turns out we qualify for an even lower rate if we reapply as the house is A rated so happy days!!