Mortgage defaulters selling everyting bathroom, worktop, windows, even pipes Legal?

mark12

This one i had never heard of, a friend of mine was telling me that he knows a guy who is in the process of leaving the country for the UK. Having tried all possible avenues in dealing with BOI, he was offered 6 months IO but the period has expired, now they seem to want full mortgage repayments plus capitalised arrears which he says he could never afford.

Now, a few months ago someone bought an unfinished apartment next door to his in an auction, this is in South Dublin by the way, but the place needs absolutely everything, from kitchen worktop, floors, bathroom fittings, boiler etc.

This guy is now selling this stuff to this other man for half price, bathroom, worktop, windows, even pipes, is this legal???

He says the other man is delighted because it would cost him double to do the place up, this guy is using the cash (so far €8000) to settle in the UK, what if this new trend becomes the norm?

This caper has been going on for a while now. I know of one apartment that was stripped down to the light fittings. Absolutely no sympathy for the banks in these cases.

Back