Mortgage bought by Start in 2016 can I move on

HommyTilfiger

I went through a bad personal time in 2014 and missed quite a few mortgage payments then and in 2015. 2016 my mortgage was sold to Start and having started a new job I never missed a payment since. They have now sold on my mortgage to Mars Capital. I have only 6 years left on it but I would like to move back to a traditional lender. I am earning a basic of 45k circa 80+ on target earnings. Divorced with no dependents or other loans. Can anyone advise how best to go about this or am I completely wasting my time even trying. Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Missed mortgage payments from 9 years ago will have dropped off your Central Credit Register report, assuming you caught up with them longer than 5 years ago. After that, it's down to affordability and you haven't posted enough information to enable comment. Suggest starting by obtaining your CCR report from https://www.centralcreditregister.ie/ to see if there are any entries that would put off lenders.

I have only 6 years left on it

What interest rate are you paying?

What is the balance on the mortgage?

I doubt a lender would be interested in a switch with only 6 years to go.

But on the other hand, it might not be worth switching as the interest saved might not cover the costs of switching.

As TLO says, you need to give us more information.

Brendan

Back