Mortgage Approval

U

Unregistered

Has anyone ever got approved for a mortgage with a not so good credit rating
If yes with Who?

We are in the process of buying a place the other half's credit rating isnt the best due to been young and stupid with a credit card its all clear now but it is showing on his credit report.. did not actually realising how important the rating was and mine is perfect. do u think we have any chance of getting a mortgage

Hi there,

I was in the same situation (my credit rating was perfect my partner's wasn't). We eventually got approved with EBS after 3 other lenders refused us. But to my knowledge that could have had something to do with the fact that EBS were not on the ICB at the time and they are now.
Try them anyway
M.

He Merlin

Yes we have tried them they havent refused us yet but they said it could take sometime (which we havent got) for the underwriter to access our case so id say she is just letting us down gently what do you reckon.

A mortgage broker said he will let us know this afternoon if he can get us a loan offer from PTSB. (im just so anxsious at the moment having to wait)

Hi folks
I am a broker - we have, and some other brokers also have, agencies for specalist finance houses who deal in this area.
Couple of points to note:
1) Specalist finance houses are not necessarily loan sharks!! There are a couple of reputable suppliers, who specalise in cases where people have poor ICBs'
2) The good supplies aim to get you back into "regular" mortgage land in 12-24 months.
3) The rates they charge are slighly more expensive - generall in the range 4-5% which I feel is not unreasonable, given the percieved risk associated with this type of lending
Any of this help?

Hi Munsterdude,

If we have no joy today with our brokeranychance we could give you our details and see what you can do for us

Can't PM you at the moment because i need to sign up but i will sign up tomor and PM you then

Back