Mornington - any thoughts?

O

OTM

I am looking to move to Mornington, but i dont know much about this area. I am currently working in drogheda, but would prefer to live south of drogheda.
Does anyone know about this area? good/bad?

I would appreciate any info on what this area is like
thanks

I had a friend live in Mornington who loved the area as it has a really nice beach and was a very friendly family oriented area. The only killer was that he and his wife were commuting to Dublin so the commute gradually wore them down and they moved but they were sad to leave the area. If you're working in Drogheda then its an ideal location as its only a 5-10 minute drive away.

Just to second what power1 has said, have a cousin living out there and again, he loves the place. Closeness to the beach is a real plus.

I don't know what the situation is with traffic into Drogheda in the morning but I'd imagine it could be pretty bad either heading in the Marsh Road (traffic lights) or trying to get across the N1 during rushhour...

I moved to Drogheda recently, and the laytown / mornington beach was one of the main reasons to move there, its brilliant!!

Know someone in mornington.Mornington is an area rather than a town or village lack of ameneties like a pub shops bus service /public transport.
Donnacarny which is in or right beside mornigton has one pub but its no bigger than a garden shed.Its near bettystown , has 3 pubs.Beach is a plus but not much use with Irish weather + you have to pay for parking
bettystown is choked with cars at the weekends in the summer.

Thanks everyone,
really appreciate the comments, sounds like a great place, so will continue looking in the area