Moriarty tribunal a national disgrace

ccraig

I just read today that lawyers at the moriarty tribunal are currently earning 2500 euro per day.

How is this disgrace allowed to continue? Each and every solicitor involved should be either replaced immediately or at least brought back to earth.

There must be some way this circus can be stopped

Are you referring the adverts that appeared in a number of the Sunday papers today? I'd be more worried about who paid for these ads than about Moriarty, tbh.

sure, i know o brien paid for them, that was in saturdays papers.

I wouldnt object to a tribunal but those wages are lunacy

Was wondering who paid for those ads too. That was the only impact they had on me, to wonder who was behind them, a bit of an own goal imo. Was it really O'Brien?

Personally I think the moriarty tribunal is worth every penny. We may actually see some truth come out in the end. If it was not effective you would not see Bertie and whom ever is behind these ads trying to discredit it.

Personally I think the moriarty tribunal is worth every penny. We may actually see some truth come out in the end. If it was not effective you would not see Bertie and whom ever is behind these ads trying to discredit it.

I agree....this is the only way we will find out about how Ireland functions and the failure of our agencies, and our fourth estate.....

I just read today that lawyers at the moriarty tribunal are currently earning 2500 euro per day.

Where have you been for the last few years :rolleyes: ? That hardly constitutes 'news'. The main work of the Tribunal has been wrapped up so I doubt there are many people still billing at that rate.

The Oireachteas are accountable for the mechanisms of Tribunals and the opportunities they present for people to earn millions.

See [broken link removed] - I wonder if these ads are deemed to be 'political', in which case the funding of ads would come under the Standards in Public Offices Commission?

See [broken link removed] - I wonder if these ads are deemed to be 'political', in which case the funding of ads would come under the Standards in Public Offices Commission?

It great that a tax exile is so worried for the public finances that he takes out full pages ad's! It mirrors Dermot Desmond's letter to the Times recently... vomit inducing.....

No but many of the people called before the Tribunal are maybe hoping to not be proven conclusively to be National disgraces. Thus all the bluster and complaining. It could be likened to a Crim complaining about salaries at the DPP's office.

Agreed.

We now know that the tribunals were not the best way to investigate these matters of immense public importance, but that was the only form of investigation available at the time. FF hoped that the tribunals would last a couple of months and nothing would be discovered. We now know otherwise.........

The cost of the tribunals must be due to the politicians who set the terms and conditions for their operation. Just another example of the way these jokers abuse the use of public funds?

Back