Morgage payments have gone missing

PatrickJ

My bank have informed me they are missing one or two mortgage repayments. I am currently going through documentation and I know for certain that both payments were made and paid on time. My mortgage provider is no longer operational as a mainstream bank so I make payments directly by cash into their main account which is now held by one of the Irish main two.

I don't do d/d's or s/o's I always prefer to pay directly with cash. I noticed on both occasions while paying my mortgage into my providers bank account, the banker said she could not issue me with a receipt because I was paying using a giro ~ I know, I know, I'm an idiot ~

Do I have any come back here on these two missing payments?

Well if you knew the dates you paid it in the bank would be able to have a look at their transactions for the day, maybe the wrong reference was put on it and it is sitting in a suspense account waiting to be found.

If you pay by cash, you are asking for trouble.

By "cash", do you actually mean notes? I can't remember what a giro is. Or did you pay by cheque? If you paid by cheque, you have some comeback.

To be honest, if I was the bank and you didn't have a receipt, I wouldn't go to any trouble for you.

Brendan