More in Current account than I thought

RichInSpirit

I rang my phone banking in the last hour to check how much money is available to spend (account in overdraft) and there appears to be about €100 more available to me than I thought in my head
I'm after checking online now and all transactions appear to be correct and up to date etc. to the best of my recollections.
Maybe I should ask my bank if they are missing €100 any day ????
It's a bit of a moral dilemma

I find the balance not matching up correctly sometimes on both my Ulster Bank account and on my previous NIB account. It has to do with transactions being pre-booked on your account before they clear, this is probably what is happening with RichInSpirit.

Example: You have 500 in your account. You withdraw 100 from an ATM on Friday. This transaction is provisionally booked on your account at the momnet it happens. This transaction may not show up in your online statement immediately but your availible balance is now 400. Sometimes the account will show a balance of 500 but an availible balance of 400.

The transaction might not be visible until after the weekend, so all of a sudden the ATM withdrawl shows up on your account on Monday or Tuesday and your balance looks fine again. Also some banks show the date of the ATM withdrawl on the statement while others show the date of the reconciliation.

So quite often the last 4-5 days of an online statement can be a bit messy but will sort itself out shortly.

Also if the bank have made some sort of an error and given you too much money they will figure it out and take it back eventually. Even if you spend it they will come looking for it.

As above,I'm with ulster bank I use bill pay quite a bit and it deducts the amount immediately but it's available the next day and three days later it finally leaves the a/c

I'm just after withdrawing up to my overdraft limit in case they change their mind before the weekend

I would be very careful about that, if there is a card transaction or other payment in the system that you have forgotten about you will be hit with charges if you have insufficient funds.

Either your calculations are incorrect and the balance is correct or you have forgotten about a transaction and it will show up soon,

Either way, there is nothing for you to do except wait and dont overdraw in case the "missing" transaction appears,

I withdrew a fairly large amount of cash from my bank. On returning home I discovered I had an extra €500.
I phoned the cashier, whom I know well outside of her work, she asked me to bring it back before the bank closed and did her cash.
I brought it back and she to this day 3 years later she has not expressed her thanks.
Browtal