More bad news for first time buyers and private renters in the Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're back to the could's (and Emma Stone).

This thread is a 'could' also.
I'm no fan of the CIF, but they do have some intricate knowledge of the industry. Between CIF and any other entity, when it comes to projecting house completions, I think their opinion carries a bit more weight.

This is a good article on why Modular Builds don't work in a dysfunctional construction sector.

That's good, reminded me of my previous life in project management and the amount of energy focused on risk and how to ensure the blame always laid elsewhere :D

That's good, reminded me of my previous life in project management and the amount of energy focused on risk and how to ensure the blame always laid elsewhere :D
Exactly. One person or organisation had to own the responsibility for the entire project from start to finish, including the financial and legal responsibility.
VW or Ford etc. are responsible for designing the car to strict safety and emission standards, designing the production process, producing the car and ensuring that all happens in a safe and competitive manner. We need construction companies to take that role and we need regulations which require that model to be used. Until then we'll suffer from the gross inefficiencies of a dickensian construction sector which operates as an oligopoly with margins so high there is no impetus for it to modernise.

VW or Ford etc. are responsible for designing the car to strict safety and emission standards, designing the production process, producing the car and ensuring that all happens in a safe and competitive manner.

You can bet the motor companies aren't producing the levels of waste you see on the average Irish building site either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back