Moratorium on elections

boris

Just wondering what does this moratorium mean. Can the candidates still go around canvassing, door to door, etc. or is just on the media themselves.

Was talking to my mother and she was telling me that the local candidates were going around in cars with loud speakers. Is this allowed?

I think the media self impose it on themselves the day before all elections here. I'm open to correction on this.

In that case, candidates would be free to canvass the whole way through.

We'll really miss them all after Friday................. :rolleyes:

I thought that it was a ban of electioneering and media reporting and certainly thought it was imposed on all and not voluntary? Yesterday, a car loud-speaked its way up the street outside my office a number of times, finishing the election pleas with Abba's 'Take A Chance On Me'. Bad move. I know who I didn't even give a preference to this morning. If he breaks the rules before he gets in, what'll he do if he gets elected?!?

Last edited:
found [broken link removed] Section 9 refers. Seems it is only a broadcasting moratorium, so wht no canvassing (apart from mavaricks)?

Last edited:
No canvassing or posters within 50 feet (I think, could be 100 feet) of polling stations.

Back