Monthly cost of VHI?

Z

z106

I pay €55 a month for my vhi - plan B i think.
I can't remember what plan B was off teh top of my head but I am assuming it's teh bread and butter one. (Could be wrong there of course)

anyway - is 55 considered expensive/ cheap compared to what people pay with say quinn / bupa or whoever else?

What do you pay for you health insurance?

It is arguably pointless comparing it with what other people pay since everybody's circumstances and needs/wants are different. Better to look at what you get for €55, see if the cover is adequate for your specific needs and compare it to the other options on the market (see www.hia.ie for example).

I have plan B qwerty and my premiums were 11 euro a week through my work group plan. Being an individual ones, I imagine yours would be slightly dearer, mine working out at 47.66 per month.

At least in the past almost everybody could qualify for the 10% group discount easily enough. For example by being a member of the local CU or whatever. If you don't get the 10% discount then make sure you do your best to try to get it.

At least in the past almost everybody could qualify for the 10% group discount easily enough. For example by being a member of the local CU or whatever. If you don't get the 10% discount then make sure you do your best to try to get it.

VHI still have this, but Quinn dropped the 10% discount for 2008 onwards.

Hibernian's VIVAS plan is very competitive and seems to be just as comprehensive.

*no affiliation with VIVAS just doing some research across all the companies