Monstrosity Built in Back Garden

Caili

Hi All,

Looking for some help or advice! My neighbours have built a monstrosity of an outbuilding in theyre back garden, im sure it can be seen from anywhere in the estate its that big!!! It towers over the wall we built and the wall which was built by the builders!! Its an absolute eye sore and no doubt will block the sun in half our garden but what i need to know is, if there is anything we can do about it?? I heard something blocking your sun is no longer a feasible arguement so we cant go down that route! I know we're not the only ones who feel this monstrosity is rediculous as i met a neighbour last night who was knocking in to ask them if they cared about how it looked to the road and the neighbours who have to look at the thing everyday, they wern't home!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

first question is, did they need pp to build this monstrosity. its its that big i would guess they did.
you could always report them to the local council.

Your only option here is related to the PP as already stated. You can check this with the local planning office.

Im pressuming they didnt because they didnt have the usual notice you must have in thier garden or surrounding area but while its big, i dont know if its big enough to need planning permission!!

You can build a garage, carport, shed, greenhouse, kennel fo r domestic pets, etc., as long as it does not extend out in fro n t of the building line of the house and does not exceed 4 metres in height, (if it has a tiled or slated pitched roof), or 3 metres (if it has any other roof type). The floor are a limitation for exempted development is 25 square metre s . The structure may not be lived in, used for commerc i a l purposes or for keeping pigs, poultry, pigeons, ponies or horses. Garages, sheds, etc. to the side of the house mu s t match the finish of the house. You cannot reduce the open space at the side or rear of the house below 25 square metres .

Thanks for all your comments. Have spoken with a very helpful woman in Fingal Co Co who has advised i write them a letter with my concerns and they will then look into it so fingers crossed! Thanks Again :D

Back