Monster Meetings

dewdrop

Headline in one of the Sunday papers mention that some political figures intend to hold a Monster Meeting shortly. Are they hoping to follow in the footsteps of the Liberator, the famed Daniel OConnell, who held a series of such meetings?

A new political party would be good but this one could end up being like FG's version of the tea party.

We could do with an Irish Tea Party. None of the current political parties represents the interests of the taxpayers who fund this State.

We could do with an Irish Tea Party. None of the current political parties represents the interests of the taxpayers who fund this State.

I agree but I couldn't handle the conservative bigoted clap-trap that goes with the American Tea Party.

Any alternative other than SF would be appreciated. Tired of their marxist rhetoric.

Any alternative other than SF would be appreciated. Tired of their marxist rhetoric.

If you are tired of Marxist rhetoric then I hope you weren't listening to Jack O'Connor on the radio this morning.

If you are tired of Marxist rhetoric then I hope you weren't listening to Jack O'Connor on the radio this morning.

He was in great form alright!

Jim Corr on his twitter account tonight is claiming that Fidelma Healy-Eames has asjed him to speak at this conference! Looney tunes stuff

I think any political party who represents the interests of the taxpayers would bankrupt the state even worse than it is now.

Taxpayers interests tend to be very selfish, in my opinion.

I think any political party who represents the interests of the taxpayers would bankrupt the state even worse than it is now.

Taxpayers interests tend to be very selfish, in my opinion.

Can you explain that point please. I don't understand what you mean.

Re the right wing dinosaurs, will Michael McDowell be there?

Will the fact that he is a grandson of Eoin MacNeill be referenced yet again?

Re the right wing dinosaurs, will Michael McDowell be there?

Will the fact that he is a grandson of Eoin MacNeill be referenced yet again?

Regarding McDowell and his family background. He made a TV documentary last year about his uncle and family generally during the civil war.

Best thing I have seen on TV in many years.

None of the current political parties represents the interests of the taxpayers who fund this State.

I guess that the voters who vote for FF, FG, Lab, SF and even Green and PD in their day would disagree with you.

And doesn't "taxpayers" include pretty much everyone who lives in Ireland? It would be difficult to live here without paying VAT or excise duties.

The tax payers who are net contributors are the ones that fund the state. The rest of us are net beneficiaries of the state.

Or is it merely a meeting of some right wing dinosaurs?

That would be most of FG's from bench.
If it was a meeting of left wing dinosaurs it would be just about all of the Labour party's front bench.