Monread, Naas

ryan-neil

Hi All,

Is there anyone here from Nass around the Monread region, what is your opinion of the area.

Thanks

Re: Monread, Nass,

Naas is excellent - great location in itself, with loads to do and loads of shopping etc. In terms of commuting to Dublin, the train service from Sallins is getting much better, although it can be crowded at peak times.

Is it the Monread Road you're asking about, or Monread Heights? I wouldn't go near the latter (not a nice area imho) but Monread Road and all the new developments there are on the right side of town for the train/Dublin road etc. There's a great gym/leisure centre out there, and a new cinema has just opened up next to a new hotel on the Dublin Road...

House prices are high though, and you'll still have a long long walk into the main street for a pint, with taxis thin on the ground late at night...

I would highly recommend the town though your money would go further in Clane, Sallins or Prosperous, which are all near enough...

Re: Monread, Nass,

I'm living in Gleann na Riogh for the past 11 yrs and there are plenty of amenities on my doorstep. Let me know which estate you are thinking about and I'll give you my opinion on it.

I am looking at the area just by the back of the Tennis Club and the pub. Monread Cresent is the name of the apartments there.

The houses & apts. around the pub in Monread Crescent wouldn't be a great place to live. I'm only a stones throw from there just up by the gym, but far enough away. Lots of teenagers hang around there because of the chipper and its very dirty with a lot of litter from the shop & chipper. The houses also in that area are mostly rented so you have a very young crowd hanging around and its noisy. I think the apts you are referring to might be in a better location than the other apts in Monread. Are they the ones closer to the Sallins Road?

Whats your budget?

I find in Naas that 2 bed apts are only 10-20k less than what you might find a 3 bed semi. If you pick out a few units in Naas if thats where you are set on living I'll try give you a help to choose the better ones.

As mentioned above re: Clane, the final phase of Brooklands was launched last week. Lots of apartments, Duplex and Townhouses. I think the agent is Sherry Fitz but wouldn't be certain.

Clane is only 5 min drive to Sallins train and 10 mins to Maynooth line. Lovely village also and has everything that you need on it's doorstep.

Hi,

The actual apartments i am talking about are Monread Cresent, there are two blocks of four apts, they are a good distance from the shops. They have a green opposite and the tennis club to the rear, these are the ones i am intrested in.

With respect to Clane i was buying there but found Nass being a better location for me with it being directly on the N7 (Work in Citywest) and at 23 it has a lot more ammenities that appeal to me, Pubs :). Also the traffic situation of Sallins/ Clane at rush hour is mental, while i do know the back roads into Clane, Nass is just a much shorter journey. Also i want to live in an older apt that i can put my mark on and not a multistory block type dev.

Hi,

The actual apartments i am talking about are Monread Cresent, there are two blocks of four apts, they are a good distance from the shops. They have a green opposite and the tennis club to the rear, these are the ones i am intrested in.

With respect to Clane i was buying there but found Nass being a better location for me with it being directly on the N7 (Work in Citywest) and at 23 it has a lot more ammenities that appeal to me, Pubs :). Also the traffic situation of Sallins/ Clane at rush hour is mental, while i do know the back roads into Clane, Nass is just a much shorter journey. Also i want to live in an older apt that i can put my mark on and not a multistory block type dev.
Those apts you are looking at and in a better location than the ones up the road nearer the shops beside Monread Brook. Its a lot quieter and cleaner that side of the estate.

Is the apt advertised on any website? How much is the asking price?

What is your commute every day?

Hi,

The apt was 280K,it was on Daft i think but not to sure, i closed last week but bought it more for the commute to Citywest and on a recomendation of a family member that rented in Monread as did friends of his for a few years, the commute from there to Citywest takes approx 15mins max doing the speed limit, on test commutes to Clane it was taking me over 25 and i could forget it if i went the back roads or was going during rush hour. Monread is the same journey both on and off peak.

What is the pub like there, i was there once about 5 years ago. Thanks

I haven't been in that pub either for many years. Probably just locals from the estate, but you are only 15min walk to the town so I would go there. Kavanaghs or Haydens would be my choice. Graces for you cos you're only 23. The Court is also a decent bar with plenty eye candy

The Monread Lodge is a grand pub, the beer is always good and they have music a good few nights of the week.

Back