Monkstown Farm, South County Dublin

G

giftgrub

Does anyone know anything about the Monkstown Farm area? Some people i know have said its a bit dodgy. But friends of mine said the same baout Sallynoggin until they moved there and now they love it!

Re: Monkstown Farm

Early 80s there were a lot of problems and I remember anti-drug marches etc being arranged in the area. We are near enough there and my parents would never let us down there. But from what Im aware there have been no major problems there since then. I know I havent heard of anything while I was living near there and my parents have never said anything since about it.

think its grand these days. mountwood still bit rough as far as i know

the flats at one end - thought was called mountwood

Giftgrub, outside of fitzgerald park it's not as bad as it used to be (but it used to be pretty bad). Would definitely avoid fitzgerald park. Otherwise, much like the noggin it's gotten a more settled and older population these days.
It's population makeup would be similar enough to the noggin so if you were familiar with the noggin then you should be on same kind of ground there.

ajapale, it's on and just off Kill Lane nestled between foxrock on it's west, Dun laoire to the east, sally noggin to the south and monkstown village to the north.

It's on the 46A bus route which is decent enough and the 75. Not a million miles from the Dart too. Lot of schools locally also if that would be a factor.