Mondeo question

silvermints

How can you tell from inspecting a Ford Mondeo if its 100ps 110ps or 125ps. All replies welcome

How can you tell from inspecting a Ford Mondeo if its 100ps 110ps or 125ps. All replies welcome

I take it you mean the 2000-2007 model?
Diesels-(130hp is very rare in Ireland)
2.0 Duratorq DI - 90hp/66kw

Engine Code D5BA and D6BA
Engine Management System EECV
Glow Plugs EZD38
2.0 Duratorq Di 115hp/85kw

Engine Codes D6BA
Glow Plugs EZD38
2.0 Duratorq TDCi 115hp/85kw

Engine codes HJBA, HJBB, HJBC
Glow Plugs EZD38
2.0 Duratorq TDCi 130hp/96kw

Engine codes FMBA, N7BA
Glow Plugs EZD38

PETROL models.
1.8i = 125hp
2.0i = 145 hp
2.5i = 170hp
3.0i= 220hp(ST)

when you open the bonnet it should tell you what engine is fitted on the top of engine plastic bit ie -di tdci etc.

Thanks for replies. Its the 1.8 petrol im interested in. Im still confused saw two 1.8i's on carzone one was down as 110ps the other as 125ps. Would there be much difference in insurance between the two

the only way u can determine a 125 visually is look under the rear drivers door at the side of the fuel tank and you will see an external fuel pump the is no other way of visually known.

Thanks for replies. Its the 1.8 petrol im interested in. Im still confused saw two 1.8i's on carzone one was down as 110ps the other as 125ps. Would there be much difference in insurance between the two

go for the Zetec spec or higher (1.8sci Ghia),much more for your money & easier to sell on.
Zetec extras that LX don't have are-alloys,4 elec windows,front fogs.can't think of the rest?.
best of luck finding one.

the only mondeo to steer clear of is the sci ,they give alot of trouble and were deigned for motorway driving ,they just seem to give alot of emmison related trouble ,every time you turn around the mil light is on but in fairness they never lack power or any other fault just emission monitor problems

Are the zetac and sci two different models would the letters sci be on the badge on the boot

LX 1.8 petrol is always 110bhp.

Zetec 1.8 petrol is always 125bhp.