Mondello - First motorbike track day.. any advice?

bigred

Hi, I will be doing my first motorbike track day in Mondello next week. I have all the necessary.. a bike!, full licence, full leathers ect but was just wondering if any veterans out could impart some wisdom. E.g. should I wear the full leathers out and keep them on all day? I expect it would get a bit uncomfortable sitting around in all the gear for registration / briefings, lunch ect. Another issue is fuel..a full tank doesn't go far on a bike when driven hard so I expect I will need to fill up during the day, do they have any facilities?

Any advice much appreciated.

I've driven cars aroud Mondello and done a few track days in the UK.

I'd rate Mondello as a reasonable track, but it's relatively very poor value for money.

1. Wear all your safety gear, you may need it !!!!
2.If the international track is open you will have a good day, the national track is quite short.
3.Pass on the left
4.Take it very easy for the first few laps and if the track is wet be veeeeeery careful. its not like a normal road, lots of rubber laid down.
5.keep an eye on your tyres, these will heat up very quickly so come in after a few laps and let the tyres and brakes cool down.
6. Take it easy, have a great day, dont race, dont overdo it and ride home with a big smile on your face.

Have fun !

Next stop Nurburgring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!