Monasterevin, Co Kildare

Angrygirl

Hey

Just wondering if anyone has bought or sold property in Monasterevin, Co Kildare recently?
I have a property down there that i bought last year but i have moved to dublin to live with my other half and renting it out is driving me crazy, every week there's something to be done, fixed etc and its costing me money that i don't have right now, i was thinking of putting it up for sale Estate Agents said "ah sure we'll try but can't guarantee anything".. I know this is pretty much all they can do with the way the market has gone right now so i was wondering has anyone bought or sold in that area recently, it might give me an idea on how the market is going down there..

Thanks alot :D

Angrygirl,
We sold our house in Ard Evin last october.Put it on internet through an agent on the Friday,had a veiwing on the Saturday and reached an areement on the Tuesday everything wrapped up and moved out start of December.We took a little less than had hoped for but thought that if we did not sell then we could be showing the house for a few months and end up getting less.
I know we were very lucky and the market has gone down a bit since,but I think if you are realistic about price and have the home in pristine condition then you will get a buyer.
Also make sure you view the pictures before they go on the net.We had decided to go with an E.A. and when we saw the pictures they planned to put on we told them no way.It is amazing how many houses you see where the pictures are a disgrace.
Hope this helps.

horatio1
Jeez you were very lucky in selling so quickly, i'm in two minds as to what to do to be honest..
I might hold off for a few months before putting it on the market, there are a few property's in the estate on the market at the min and i might have a better chance of it going when the other houses have been sold, too many houses up for sale in the one estate might but people off..
Thanks for your comment

Back