Moisture / condensation inside fridge

nt00deep

I have an integrated fridge/freezer (fridge part is on top). I am getting a lot of moisture build up in the fridge compartment to the extent that anything I take out has moisture dripping from the bottom and a pool of moisture on top. Cardboard yogurt packaging does not last very long.

I do have a layer of frost build up on the back wall. The fridge is set to medium setting.

Does this sound like a problem with inappropriate temperature in the fridge or related to ventilation conditions around the fridge?

It sounds like the door is not sealing properly.

Very possible. I will check it out. I did have cause to remove the fridge recently and maybe now the inner door is not sealing while the outer one looks fine.

Also had the same problem recently, the little drainage hole at the back inside the fridge was blocked.

Had a service man round last week and he told me not to leave anything right up the back of the fridge ie. nothing should be in physical contact with the back of fridge or it as condensation runs down and into drainage hole - which needs to be cleaned out periodically.

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone will be able to help me. How do you clean the drainage hole at the back of the fridge? I have a Candy CPCA 285K fridge freezer and would like to know how to clean the the drainage hole properly, so that the water can run down properly. Any idea?

The drainage hole on the back of our Hotpoint fridge freezer blocks up every few years and causes this type of problem. I clear it by giving it a quick blast with one of those battery operated tyre pumps (that came with a drill I purchased some time back). I'm sure a foot or hand pump would also work but might make it a 2 person job. Attempts at clearing this blockage with a piece of wire failed. A short blast of air is the answer. In fact I had to give ours it's biennial unblocking just last week.
Regards
Fran

i'd agree that its the drainage hole. Same thing happens mine from time to time. I just use something like a very thin screwdriver or a needle to unblock

the best thing to unblock these holes is an old fashioned pipe(smoking type) cleaner as its flexable and will not damage the fridge interior

Raise the front adjustable legs on the fridge,this will ensure that the door swings shut properly and also that moisture flows down the drain hole at the back of the fridge.

Where's the drainage hole?! I'm on the verge of throwing my fridge out with annoyance at this stage at yet another soggy bread experience!

Where's the drainage hole?! I'm on the verge of throwing my fridge out with annoyance at this stage at yet another soggy bread experience!

Open the fridge, take out the basket or whatever is at the bottom of the fridge. It should be behind that in the centre.

Why do you keep bread in the fridge!?

Cause i want to! It goes off so quicky in a breadbin and my kitchen is like the surface of the sun most days.

There is no hole! although i did notice a lot of water under the salad boxes. New fridge I think!

Bread tends to go stale (as opposed to mouldy) more quickly in fridges (unless it is being bathed in meltwater!), optimally it should be stored between 10-16 degrees centigrade. Have you considered purchasing a jar which you could put in a cupboard? Even if the kitchen surfaces heat up the temperature should still be comfortable inside a jar.

There must be a hole thats how fridges work so you don't have to defrost them.Take out the salad boxes and look at the back of the fridge where the salad box covers sit there you should see a ridge of some sort running along the back of the fridge thats the drain chanel.At the middle of the drain chanel there will be a hole even if its not obvious on first sight. If thats blocked the water from the evaporation process ends up on the floor of the fridge under the salad bins

There must be a hole thats how fridges work so you don't have to defrost them.Take out the salad boxes and look at the back of the fridge where the salad box covers sit there you should see a ridge of some sort running along the back of the fridge thats the drain chanel.At the middle of the drain chanel there will be a hole even if its not obvious on first sight. If thats blocked the water from the evaporation process ends up on the floor of the fridge under the salad bins

Dinjoe is right and he explained it better than I did. It has to be there

Hi

Have followed thread and cleared lots of muck from the hole described as being above the salad trays. There is a kind of dip stick in it, whose purpose I can't figure out. Is it essential or is actually designed to be used unblock the hole?

Ian

the intention of the "dip stick" is to help stop the hole from getting blocked up but in fact it does not help ,if you remove it altogether you are better off .In the future to help eliminate the problem try to ensure that food does not stick to the back wall of the fridge as the auto defrost function causes the food particles to move down the fridge and settle in the drain chanel thereby causing the leaking

Back