Modernising an Old House

D

ddwb

Im sure regulars to this forum will be excited to get probably the millionth time someone has asked this but its taking me ages to go through all the threads!

Basically, we are in the process of buying our first house, a 3 bed mid-terrace that I am unsure about because of the amount of modernisation it needs.

I'm wondering if theres anyone who can give me a rough idea of the total cost of what needs to be done...

New kitchen - need everything
new bathroom - toilet, bath sink, tiles, etc
new windows
rewiring electrics throughout the house
new radiators

They are the major improvements needed. We will probably have about €25k but this also has to get us a good bit of furniture, carpets, skip hire, paint and other bits that are bound to come up.

So...any advice?
Cheers!

I am in the process of modernising my house, I bought a 3 bed cottage in Co Laois, I paid 3,500 on a new kitchen from Cash and carry kitchens, they put me on to a fitter locally who fitted for 400. My bathroom suite came from BTW tilesavers at 2,000. To get the whole house rewired i paid 3,000 and all new pluming with new central heating incl boiler, rads and electric shower for 3,000. I kept costs down by hiring a spark and plumber who were in thier last year of apprentiships, they did the work as a nixer. plastering came in at 400 for living room and hallway, which again was a nixer for an apprentice. The standard of work was excellent as the trades wanted to make a good impression and get themselves a good name as they would soon be starting out on their own. Hope this helps.