Modern replacement for Nokia 3310 ?

S

Silvera

Which Nokia mobile phone is the modern-day equivalent of the 3310 ?

I wish to replace my trusty 3310 with an equally trusty colour screen camera phone.

Also, suggestions of where to get the best deal for a ready-to-go handset ?

Cheers,

Silvera.

(Just found this new site. Wondered why the old site was so quiet !

i also wonder about changing my Nokia 3310 want to get one where I can check email is this possible with a ready 2 go phone?

I'm not sure about the price on ready to go but I recently got a Nokia 6230 with an upgrade from meteor (I think it cost €59)

Could not recommend the phone higher as a business tool (also connects with my Outlook calender when in same room)

It has everything I need and a lot more also,

MP3 player, radio (when headset used), video recoorder and player, bluetooth connectivity

It also comes with some software to enable you to convert files, MP3's and MPEG's, to be played on it without eating up memory on the memory card

I might be a bit over the top, as it was a while since I had an upgrade (using the 6310i) and maybe all phones have these functions but really like it

The battery has a reputation for being a little light but from what I see mostly because it so many other functions
Especially the loudspeeker function

stuart@buyingtolet.ie

Silvera said:
the modern-day equivalent of the 3310 ?

If you just want a basic phone with no camera the Nokia 3510i is about the closest you'll get. It's under €100 on O2 Speakeasy (€89 if you're upgrading) with up to €80 call credit.

Having said that you'll get a lot more features on other phones for a similar price or less. I picked up a Sony Ericsson T630 on the O2 site for €89. It has bluetooth & camera and I got my €80 call credit.

Take a look at the O2 shop

[broken link removed]

and if you're a Pigsback member link to it through that site and you'll get up to 1000 points if you buy

Check out the [broken link removed]also - Sony Ericsson F500 with FM radio for €109 (on prepay), Nokia 6020 (looks much neater than the rather terrible looking 3510i) for €79 (billed).

Thanks for all the info guys !!

I actually don't like the look of the new (cheaper) Nokia's ......now thinking about a Siemens C65 (€79) ?!

Cheers,
Silvera.

I find the Siemens a little plasticky (daughter had one and it did not last too well). Now replaced with a Motorola v220, currently on a very good deal with O2 (I think €79 with €80 call credit and 100 free texts, making the phone effectively free). Nice phone too.

Silvera said:
now thinking about a Siemens C65

Have to agree with Diziet here. My son bought a C65 before Christmas. They were all recalled for a software upgrade due to an issue of possible noise from the earpiece. The phone is unreliable and often locks up, then has to be switched off/on again. The words "forty foot pole" spring to mind.

Hmmmm......I have a Z600 and it tends to die/freeze for unknown reasons (all within 1 year of purchase, battery is ok), buttons can be unresponsive at times. Some cool features though.

Thanks for the updates guys !

Hmmm........more 'food for though' !

I don't really like 'flip' mobile phones - I like standard design mobiles, Nokia's in particular.
But most decent looking Nokia's are c.€400+ !!

if you can live without the camera, go for the nokia 6100. Great phone, with long battery life and reasonable cost. The cameras are only a gimmick in any case. They have a certain novelty value at first but most poeple I know give up using them fairly quickly. Have a look at the product range at www.nokia.com to get the specifics on the 6100.