Modem and wireless question? Probably really stupid question

johnnybegood

hi, i current have a apple laptop but increasingly find myself wanting to use a pc for my main work. In work i use hp windows system. Therefore find using the apple laptop difficult as obviously os is totally different.

however i lie the apple for itunes, pictures, surfing the net as i have a wireless broadband set up in my house (set up using the apple airport plug in)

Now my question is this when i purchase the dell machine do i need both a Modem and a wireless usb adapter.

Obviously the pc i am getting dose not have the wifi card built in therefore the need for the wireless usb adapter but do i need a modem as it stand my internet connection goes to my ntl Router/modem which is plugged into the apple airport which sends the broadband around my house.

Any replies would be most grateful.

you should just need a wireless adapter (card or usb) for the pc. It should talk to the apple airport wireless router no problems i believe.

Thanks SirOurs,

was thinking that. Worst comes to worst i can always install an external modem if needs be but i also think i should be ok.

Quick reply much appreciated