mobile whose text you can read without glasses

dariuscork

Hi,anyone know a mobile with good size text that can be read without resorting to glasses,now I am not exactly blind!!!but would just like to be able to read my text when out!!!!!!!!

I have a Nokia 3110 with the text size set to "Large". Does the job. Good question, by the way, lots of (older) people have trouble with reading texts.

I have a Nokia 3110 with the text size set to "Large". Does the job. Good question, by the way, lots of (older) people have trouble with reading texts.

Extopia,

Its my dads birthday soon and I wanted to get him a phone with large text, not for texting though (its all alien to him) but does the Nokia 3110 show the callers names/numbers in large text as he does have difficulty in reading the info? If not, can anyone recommend a phone which does display the incoming call in large text?

Many thanks

LL

I have the same trouble reading texts and I found the Nokia 6300 or the Nokia 5310 (might be a bit too trendy for your Dad - LouthLass!) is perfect because you can set the font to large. I suspect that you can probably do this with most of the modern Nokias. The girl in Carfone Warehouse was only too happy to demonstrate this to me before I purchased.

With the 3310 you can set the font size (extra small, small, normal, or large) for Texts, Contacts, and/or Web Pages, so the answer to your question, LL, is yes.

Nolo77,

Many thanks, probably the best option would be to go to store and ask to see the phones and get their opinion.

Kind regards

LL

Thanks Nolo77,but I have a nokia 6300 and large is still too small for me to read!!

The battery is woeful on the 6300.

The iPhone is probably too expensive, but the text looks big.

I remember having a brillant idea which I was going to patent and make a fortune out of. It consisted on a clip on perspex/plastic magnifier that one couild slide off the keypad over the screen to aid us poor sighted people in reading texts....unfortunately, when researching it, I discovered that it had already been invented! Google it.

I have a Samsung Tocco & there is a little buttom at the side which can increase or reduce the size of the font....goes up to about 4 times the original size. The phonce can be abit fiddly to use though. Biggest size would be about this