Mobile phone that is easy to use

deanwood

I want to buy my dad a mobile phone don't want any fancy things on it he hates then but I think it would be a good idea for him to have it in the car etc
All I really need is for it to make calls I remember seeing on Richard and Judy last year advertising a phone that was for older people....can anyone remember what it was?

Sagem VS1 is a curvy, silver handset while the VS2 is straight and black-only available in the UK at the moment.
You can still purchase them if in the Uk and get it unlocked for about €20.

I remember seeing on Richard and Judy last year advertising a phone that was for older people....can anyone remember what it was?

You're talking about the 'Vodafone Simply' range of phones - actually not the easiest to use!
I'd recomend a flip handset (no accidental calls or messing about with keypad locks) with a highly visible keypad - try the Nokia 6101.

Hi there,

I reckon the nokia 6101... easy to use, reliable, good size screen, and good size keypad.

my grandmother has a [broken link removed] and finds it very straightforward to use. she has it for emergencies if shes out and to take with her in the car.

nokia's are fairly easy to use, managed to "train" both my parents on a nokia