Mobile phone in Spain

Murt10

I'm heading off to Spain later in the summer. Last year, my family used my bill pay phone, rather than their own ready to go, while abroad. I didn't realise until I got the bill, how much each text and call was costing me (especially with the young one playing text tennis with her friends).

I have a sim free mobile phone (ie it's not locked to any network). Has anyone else done it, or does anyone know how to go about buying a sim card that I can use over in Spain or how I go about this?

Do I buy it here, buy it there, over the internet, ease of topup etc. BTW I havn't a word of Spanish.

Murt

Ah just leave the phone at home and enjoy the holidays

If you can't do that, just don't let anyone use it for text tennis. A mobile on holidays should only be used for emergencies.

Murt

I would concur with the last post and leave the mobile phone at home. You are even charged for each call you receive from Ireland on your Irish mobile while abroad.

Solution:- Buy a Spanish mobile phone while you are in Spain. Obviously, you will have a different number but you will save bigtime. That's what we did.