Mobile phone in car

PMI

I have a mobile phone arrangement installed in my car. I works totally hands free thro the radio system. I plug in the phone thro an interface cradle concealed in a special compartment. However, this cradle is designed for my particular model of NOKIA phone.
I understand that if I want to upgrade my phone to a more modern one I will have dificulty here.
Is there any possibility of getting a second sim card with my own number so as I could leave the old phone permantly in the car.
Has anybody any other solution.

I have a mobile phone arrangement installed in my car. I works totally hands free thro the radio system. I plug in the phone thro an interface cradle concealed in a special compartment. However, this cradle is designed for my particular model of NOKIA phone.
I understand that if I want to upgrade my phone to a more modern one I will have dificulty here.
Possibly. Different phones (even different Nokia models) use different cables/connectors. Perhaps the in car setup can be adapted with the appropriate cable/connector (Nokia and/or other)?
Is there any possibility of getting a second sim card with my own number so as I could leave the old phone permantly in the car.
Hardly a good idea from a security point of view? Most car break ins seem to be opportunistic snatches of valuables left on display. Unless you mean disconnecting it and sticking it in the glove box or whatever when leaving? More to the point I don't know how feasible it is to get duplicate SIMs for the same number.
Has anybody any other solution.
Bluetooth?

Thanks Clubman
As far a security is concerned, the phone is normally concealed (out of site ) in a special phone compartment so it would be as good as being in the glove compartment.
I think I could get a net adaptor cradle to fit the new phone but it would make changing the phone quite expensive.

You can often get different phone cables cheap on eBay for example in case that's any use. Not sure if you can plug and play with your setup though?

I know that you can get a "pop port" to fit into some Nokia cradles, which will enable you to use some other model nokia phones with the original cradle

Back