Mobile Phone going blank

muesli

hi,
I have an old Nokia phone (3310 !) - recently it has started going blank (ie switching off) mid call..the battery indicator says there's 2 bars of power left so its not a flat battery..
does this sound as if I need a new phone or a new battery ? Its been a great phone and I'd rather not have to get a new one..though maybe I'll have to :)
thanks in advance for any feedback
m.

If you purchase a battery for the phone like this one on ebay [broken link removed] you should be then able to identify whether the problem is with the battery or phone. Sounds like a battery problem to me but I'm no expert. You won't go far wrong with a battery for €5 anyway.

This tended to happen to a few Nokia phones I owned after a few years (and others but recently it's only been Nokias I've tended to hold onto for any prolonged period), but for a lot of different reasons.

The problem is with the battery, the phone is losing power and turning off. It might not technically be the battery though. I had a phone where a similiar problem arose due to the connectors (little gold bits that go from the phone to touch the battery) being damaged and another where a replacement battery, free off a friend (a good way to check if you have someone you could borrow one off for a few days), fixed the problem.

From the details it's impossible for anyone to give a definate answer on what is causing it. It could be the battery is faulty, a problem with the connections from the battery to the phone or it could be a problem with the phone itself, all we can say is that it is turning off.

Back