Mobile Phone for Older People

muesli

hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me - I want to get a mobile phone for my parents but would like one with larger buttons, basic functionality etc..

Thanks for any pointers

M.

Apparently LG released such a 'phone about two years ago, the [broken link removed]. There's a bit of a discussion about it here. I don't know where you'd get such a 'phone over the counter in Ireland, though... have you tried ringing somewhere like the Carphone Warehouse?

Edit: here's another possibility?

For what it's worth my 76 year old mother uses a cheap and cheerful that we bought her a while back with no problems (as long as she can find her glasses - the eternal hunt...).

Thanks for the replies, no I haven't rang about yet Dr.M - it was just I was looking at Vodaphone's website before and the model I wanted (Sagem VS-1) has been discontinued - obviously not enough profit margin on the non-bells and whistles models The Nokia model looks just what I need - thanks again !

a lot of people compalin that phones are to small and need a big buttons and so on, vodafone brought out the simply range the sagem vs 1,2
and 3 and they bombed they bombed so hard they made hirsohma look like a fart, this is mainly because old people dont really buy phones the people who do spend money on phones are young people who want gadgets the only phoen now thats sporting large buttons and a large enough screen but the font is still a little small is the nokia 6101 its about 149 on prepay with up to 80 free call credit!